Read on to discover the secrets every celebrity knows to accentuate her assets, minimize her flaws, push sexiness over the edge, and be her most desirable self...no matter her dress size!
- SECRET #1 -Accentuate your assets and minimize your flaws. Miyoko, a former actress and model, author of The Housewive's Guide To The Practical Striptease, and coach to the stars, states that men look at a woman's body in pieces. If you present to them what you want them to see then that is what they will look at. Draw attention to the parts of the body you feel best about. The basic rules are:
- Small or sagging breast, wear lingerie with underwire to create cleavage. A demi-cup can make smaller or sagging breast look very voluptuous. Items with extra fabric or lace up top can add the illusion of volume. If C-cup or larger, support is important. For larger breast, look for a pretty supportive bra or go for a camisole or gown with sewn in support.
- Larger arms or shoulders, no spaghetti straps. Consider wide straps or cap sleeve, and even a sheer robe.
- Undefined waist, use two piece outfits to create hourglass figure. Enhancing cleavage with corsets will draw in the waist and provide attention upward, away from the waist. Also, consider something with an empire waist such as a babydoll.
- Stomach pooch, enhance other areas to detract attention, and opt for lingerie with hidden tummy panels or corsets to smooth and shrink the stomach. A babydoll can also be good at hiding the tummy as it is flowy.
- Larger bottom, opt for bikini panty, boy shorts, or cheeky panties. Avoid thong or g-string panties. Try a chemise, slip, or long gown...something that doesn't hug the hips.
- Larger thighs, choose lingerie with a wide shirt, maybe even consider ruffles or pleats. The secret is that the added width appears to come from the skirt, and not the thighs! Also consider a longer gown.
- Short legs, wearing black pantyhose and a bedroom slipper with a small heel can lengthen them. Also, try wearing shorter lingerie, like bustiers and teddies with high cut legs. The more leg you show, the longer it will look.
- Long torso, choose a baby doll in a longer length.
- Short torso, choose a shorter length babydoll. .
*For more on how to accentuate your assets and minimize your flaws, read The Lingerie Handbook by Rebecca Apsan, a lingerie enthusiast that clothes many celebrity clients in their intimates, including Cindy Crawford, not to mention the cast of Sex In The City!
- SECRET #2 - Know how to work color! The fundamental golden rule to follow when it comes to color, no matter your shape or size, is to stick with dark colors. Colors such as black, brown, dark purple, burgundy or navy, discourage focus on flawed areas. Also, try to keep colors as monochromatic and simple as possible. To use color to your advantage, choose one area of the body you like and accentuate it. Also, consider putting a pattern in that area.
- SECRET #3 - Go for fabric that is comfortable, but SEXY! (For some of you this excludes thong panties all together) Look for lingerie pieces that are soft, and made of touchable fabrics such as silk, satin, or velvet. Also, look for the quintessential feminine detail - lace. It suggests innocence and sexiness all at the same time. Lace straps, satin or silk ribbons, and sheer fabric on the stomach will lend sex appeal without baring too much skin.
- SECRET #4 - If you've got it FLAUNT it and if you don't FAKE it! There are products to lift, separate, squeeze, smash, enhance, etc. almost any area of the body. Some may not be as appropriate if your using lingerie to set an intimate mood. Let's face it, no one wants the "stuffing" to fall out in the heat of the moment. However, this secret is great to pump up your lingerie and look glam in your clothes so it was worth mentioning here. For example, I recently read that Gwyneth Paltrow was complimented on how great she looked shortly after giving birth to her second child. She thanked them and then confessed to wearing a girdle under her clothes. On the set of the Stepford Wives, they used Takeouts (betterboobjob.com), natural feeling inserts that add a full cup size. And if you have found the perfect piece of lingerie and want to wear it under your shirt but it doesn't quite boast the support you need, consider Heather Locklear's favorite fix, Low Beams (lollyshop.com). They are ouchless, latex-free teeny adhesive pads that you can wear with or without a bra. Jennifer Lopez swears by Commando (commandointimates.com), a paper-thin undergarment that acts like a never-seen second skin. You can also consider padded Butt Panties (fredericks.com) if you can find them. Apparently, since Jennifer Lopez has shown that bigger is better, they can't keep them in stock.
- SECRET #5 - Vamp it up with sexy hair! According to Hollywood makeup artist, Alexis Vogel, men love long tousled, feminine hair. She encourages color if hair is dull and lifeless. To make Pamela Anderson's hair super sexy, she uses hot rollers in different sizes. She uses smaller ones in the front around the face and larger ones in the back. Before rolling small sections on the roller, she twists each section and sprays it with a protective spray. When you take them out, don't brush them or it can make the hair too fluffy. Just run your fingers through it. Even if your hair is short, you can still make it sexy by adding some volume to it.
- SECRET #6 - Go for glam with makeup! Men aren't always crazy about lots of makeup, especially if they feel they may end up wearing half of it by the end of the night. To look ultra glam without being overdone, go for a radiant look with these tricks. Sheryl Crow's makeup artist applies blush starting 1 inch under the middle of her eye all the way up over the apples of her cheeks. She swears it makes you look like you had a natural face-lift and can take years off making you look younger. Next go for smokey, sexy eyes like Angelina Jolie and Sienna Miller by opting for dark gray or cobalt blue eyeliner instead of black or brown. Jeanine Canter, a top Beverly Hills makeup artist, says to add a few false eyelashes with two coats of mascara. And to top it all off, go for kissable lips that won't rub off on him. Sports Illustrated swimsuit models use Jell-O for the perfect lip stain. Just dip a Q-tip into water and then into the Jell-O powder and onto your lips for perfect fix that won't rub off.
- SECRET #7 - Go for a smooth shave, BUT avoid the razor bumps! Put aloe vera over your legs before you shave to ensure a close, silky smooth finish. Miyoko's favorite razor is the Fusion with five blades. She recommends using Tend Skin (sephora.com) for razor burn and ingrown hairs...which would not be very sexy. Put it on a cotton ball and apply and watch it work wonders. She also suggests Nair for hair removal. Celebrity makeup artist, Lisa Williams-Fanjoy, suggest finishing the look by rubbing down with baby oil for a dewy, luminous appearance.
- SECRET #8 - Tan skin is in! Sunless tanners are best! We all know sun exposure increases our risk of skin cancer. Plus, sunless tanners are quick, inexpensive, and easy to use. Just in case you overdo an area or end up with streaks or orange cuticles, consider this celeb quick fix celebrity secret. Cut a lemon in half and rub it over the area of tanner to be removed or you can use a bit of salt to exfoliate it off. Works like a charm!
- SECRET #9 - Painted toenails are hot! Miyoko reminds us that toes and feet can be incredibly sexy so don't overlook this small detail. She claims men prefer bright red or light pink rather then colors in the middle.
- SECRET #10 - Accessorize! Whether you need to disguise a problem or just increase sexiness, accessories are a great solution because they draw attention to themselves. Marabou wrist cuffs are very popular, as are chokers with a wide black ribbon. Feather products, like boas and fans, also provide a place for eyes to focus and the great textures can add sex appeal.
- SECRET #11 - Master the model walk! America's Next Top Model judge, J. Alexander, suggests practice makes perfect. Put on a pair of sexy stilettos and put one foot in front of the other. Heels can do wonders for the appearance of your bottom and calves, and if you stand up straight it can make you look leaner.
- SECRET #12 - Tantalize with an alluring scent! A study done by a sensory institute showed that cinnamon buns win as the ultimate male turn-on. Demeter Fragrances makes some of the most sought after scents in Hollywood and offers the perfect scent, Cinnamon Buns, to do just the trick (demeterfrangrance.com). Christopher Gable, the owner, points out that you should use the scents on various points of the body. If you don't have time to shop for the scent, vanilla extract from your pantry can offer a similar effect.
- SECRET #13 - Set the scene! Alexis Vogel reminds us that celebrities are often sexy and sensual beings. They buy fresh flowers and light candles to create sensual moods in their homes.
- SECRET #14 - Melt him with a simple stare! Here's the "without saying a word" deal sealer. Miyoko says that if you "look a guy in the face and stare him down, you've got him" (The Little Black Book of Hollywood Beauty Secrets). Remember she wrote the housewives' striptease book so she should know.
- SECRET #15 - Change it up! Men are very visual so change it up a bit. One time be a little Jennifer Lopez, next time a little Jenifer Aniston. You may find that the variety allows you to better express yourself as well.
*For more Hollywood beauty secrets, The Black Book of Hollywood Beauty Secrets by Kym Douglas and Cindy Pearlman, two women who clearly have all the inside scoop when it comes to celebrity beauty is a must read! (blackbookbeautysecrets.com).
You don't have to be Elle Macpherson or Heidi Klum to turn heads in your intimates. All you need is the right pieces for your body and a few glam tricks and your name will become synonymous with sexy. Finding that piece of lingerie and knowing how to work it ultra sexy is the ultimate in retail therapy for the mind and body! If these secrets to glam you up don't have your man drooling on himself, check his pulse, because Gisele Bundchen, Cindy Crawford, and Kate Moss have nothing on you...now!
, Thong Panties
, G string Panties
, Boy Shorts
, Bikini Panties
, Mini Dresses
, Garter Belts
, Skirt Sets
, Short Sets
, Pant Sets
, Bikini Sets
, Thong Sets
, G String Sets
, Cover Ups
, Sexy Shoes
, Plus Size Lingerie
, Men's Wear
, Leather Lingerie
, Vinyl Lingerie
, Rompers and Jumpers
, Body Enhancement
, Return Policy
, Size Chart
, Lingerie Types
, Valentines Day Collection
, Lingerie Care
, Lingerie Secrets
, Love Languages
, Build Self Confidence
, The Right Bra Size
, The Right Lingerie
, Lingerie Do's and Dont's
, Adult Novelties
, Size Chart 2
, Gift Certificates
Phil's Playthings and More © 2006 All Rights Reserved